Yesterday I got back from a 5-day choir tour to San Francisco. I aboslutely love that city, and now I'm a bit obsessed. Ever since I was little I decided that one day I would live in San Francisco thanks to the Princess Diaries, That's So Raven, American Girl, Full House, etc. It met my expectations! I just love that the city is so rich in history and full of all kinds of people and very arts oriented. We got there Thursday afternoon after waking up at 3:30 and travelling all morning. I was on the direct flight with the other kids who had unique passports or situations- we got tight really fast and it was weird once we were joined by the large group!
Holly and I stoked on the bus!
After a brief stop at our hotel, we got lunch at a place called Hook and Cook on Pier 39. Holly's first classic ketchup bottle use!
After this stop, we got back on the bus and drove to Lynbrook High School in San Jose for a clinic and performance. After an exhausting day, we got back to the hotel and in the morning we woke up to this:
After breakie at Ihop, we walked to the Alcatraz Pier. Such an eerie place. I find it weird that we visit and buy souveniers from a previous prison/asylum. One visit there is quite enough in my lifetime! I did get some sweet pictures though.
Here's a majestic photo of Kevin on board!
Nothing quite as perfect as slightly awkward eyes. and PS I was wearing a ton of layers.
perfect way to spend Friday the 13th, yikes.
knock-knees for the win
inmates previously used baseball field
After Alcatraz and lunch, we hopped on the bus to get to Santa Clara University for another clinic, and on the way we saw the crowd going into the Giants baseball stadium for opening day! I wish I could have joined them.
The university campus was just beautiful, and I embraced the flowering jasmine.
We ate at Hard Rock Cafe and after trying to eat what I could from the provided group meals, I finally got to order some food off the gluten-free menu. The first thing I saw was the bullet points explaining the symptoms of gluten intolerance and we joked about it the whole time. " I'll take the vomiting with a side of diarrhea and death for dessert."
We then proceeded to drive through the city on our way to see Spamalot at the Orpheum theater. I just oogled over every home and business in sight.
This is what happens when I pass the vintage store of my dreams and am stuck on a sponsored school trip and cannot exit the bus!
After the show, Gavin looks like he photobombed but he was part of the photo!
Saturday morning we got up, ate and drove to Ohlone College in Fremont. We were stoked to cross the Bay bridge!
The Treble Makers (aka junior vocal jazz, my group of two years) was fortunate enough to perform at the high school as well as the 17th Annual Forum Music Festival as well as chamber choir and concert choir.
unreal green hills! they are alive with the sound of music!
We all placed gold! (in the top 10% of choirs in the country)
We then started our tour with a stop for photos on Treasure Island.
candid shot full of joy.
be sure to wear flowers in your hair..
the men!
the ladies!
Now, more dreamy scenery!
Everywhere you look...
We then had our bus break down on the climb up to Twin Peaks.
We all piled onto one bus and made it to the top!
wild hair!
B.A.M.M.
San Fran also has absolutely gorgeous parks!Chris Brown, our tour guide. What a guy!
My chaperone group/best friends G-UNIT
so stoked to walk the bridge!
enough cables to wrap around the world 3 times.
My favorite choir director, Mrs. Wood.
After we made our way to Bubba Gump's back at Pier 39.
We had some time to shop for souvenirs and then it was time to go back and sleep.
The following morning we went to see a gospel choir downtown!
We were being fanned during this photo.
We then had a half hour at one of the most gorgeous malls I've ever seen and it was torture not to shop! Holly enjoyed her first Jamba Juice and Panda Express. I'm glad I could share in this momentous occasion.
I was pretty stoked about the cable cars all week long!
Now one more gorgeous home.
That afternoon...
real rainbow fish!
one kid called this a Lorax.
I could've watched the coral reef all day yet!
penguins!
The Teletubbies/Living Roof
engagement style photo
coolest turtle.
Then we ate dinner at Buca di Beppo and had our mini farewell speeches and thank yous for the chaperones. We freestyle rapped for Gavin.
Then it was time to see the visiting Cleveland Symphony Orchestra perform. It was my first symphony and I felt so culturally enriched. I loved it!
Our last sightsee was Lombard street, but only made it at night. I still absolutely loved climbing up that huge hill, seeing the view, smelling that ocean air, and then quoting Kid History down the whole hill with Gavin.
standing in the middle of the intersecting streets on the top of the Lombard hill.
At night we could see the Alcatraz lighthouse, which was awesome, and this is what I woke up to on our final morning yesterday!
Our hotel had sweet murals.
Final airport drive!
Before we boarded, we met Scott Hoying from Pentatonix, the winner's of the Sing-off this year! We watched the show every week for choir, so it was so much fun to meet him with people who appreciated it! He signed our boarding passes and wished me luck at BYU since we talked about Vocal Point. So magical!
Well, well, well. You made it through a hundred of my photos!
I loved San Francisco and I know I will return. I loved every second of this trip, it really was once in a lifetime, since I got to share it with 70 of my best friends and teachers. SAN FRAN 2012, I LOVE YOU!
Love,
Megan Marie
P.S. a very merry half birthday to me! Halfway to 19, cray cray!
The trip looks like fun! GIRLS TRIP!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we did that together! I love you!
ReplyDelete