5.26.2011

Life moves pretty fast:

If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. -Ferris Bueller


Life lately has been moving pretty fast. So fast, that in three weeks I will be finished with my junior year in high school. Here is what I have been up to lately:

Wednesday, May 18th

We saw a show called Reverie and the Pumphouse Theatre for drama.


We recorded Beyond the Sea and Alright, Okay, You Win in  junior jazz choir.

Thursday, May 19th


I spent the afternoon with two friends and enjoyed this:
A canadian delicacy- Poutine

Canadian high schools operate differently at the end of the year. The last day of school is the end of the second week of June, but the graduation banquet-dance-after party happens at the end of May. The graduation ceremony is also at the end of May (ours is tomorrow) but you are not completely finished with school until you finish your individual exams (which could go until the very end of June). The whole shindig is very different from how it works in the states, therefore it takes some getting used to. But the whole thing is still a grand time; Canadians know how to party. 


Victoria and I went and got Carlee all spruced up for her date for grad. We had been waiting for this day for months! The boys started asking out their dates back in March. 



you so beautiful girl!




us being silly and cute


They dedicated this photo to me. 

Friday, May 20th 

Thursday night my mom mentioned how she was sorry that I couldn't go to grad. I was alright until that point, I didn't really think about it and I was happy for Carlee. But the more I thought about it, the more I got upset. I stayed in a sad funk for another day or so. I was upset mostly because there is only one big dress-up dance (with dates and corsages) a year. All my friends back in Utah, and my siblings, have gone to several formal dances. My siblings may say that they don't matter that much to them now, but they matter to me! I also was really sad about all my friends that are graduating this year, and how I wanted to spend that weekend with them.

Friday night I finally took a bike ride. I rode around the pond a few times at dusk. I was crying, (surprisingly I do not cry that often) I was upset. I took one lap (approx. 1.68 miles) on the hardest gear and rode as fast I could.   


this is me sad.
All wallowing aside, I ended up having a great rest of the weekend.


Saturday, May 21th


I noticed some actual, blooming flowers outside my church building and had to hipstan-act! (use hipstamatic).





My mom, sister, and I braved the busy mall and had a fun afternoon together!


delicioso salad at Joey Tomato's
I ended up with a new skirt (EFY approved), two shirts and a purse from Old Navy, and a giftcard for Victoria from the brand-new Victoria's Secret! 


Of course, I had to do a *little* studying. My first ever ACT is on June 11th.


studied out on ma porch!

That night, Victoria and I went up to a friend's house for a movie night. We watched She's the Man, and played guitar. We drove home late and had a little sleepover.


Sunday, May 22nd


We made breakfast (crepes) and made it to church for young women's. That night her lovely family came over for her birthday dinner. Her mama made a delicious feast and her sister made a also very delicious cake. I loved meeting her new niece and spending time with her family!


Artsy photographo's- 




My pookie is 17!

me and the babe and our matching stripes.

Monday, May 23rd- Victoria Day- really- Victoria's 17th birthday!


We slept in- made some more breakie- and her mom gave me a trim. Her mom is the bomb. My hair loves her, because it cooperates!



I LOVE YOU HONEYBUNCH! 

The rest of the week so far involved rain (and lots of it-it is still pouring) choir rehearsals, guitar playing (calluses are forming) our yw camp skit rehearsal, jazz solo rehearsals, math, english, and drama scenes. Tomorrow is another day off, but I will be waking up early for the grad ceremony! Choir is singing some songs, which I love, but the graduating class is large so I have some books to read in the meantime!


Also, I cannot forget the current events of the week- TV that is!


Bye Oprah! I have never experienced life without you being on the air after school, so we will see how my life goes after this! I WILL miss you.

Olivia Ward wins The Biggest Loser!

Scotty McCreery wins American Idol Season 10!

I love this show more than.... nothing


As Glozell would say, over and out!


Love, Megan Marie

2 comments:

  1. Megan my darling! This is a lovely post, but im sad to hear you were sad. If youre ever sad again, ride your bike over to my place and we can have a heart to heart. Or if thats not how you deal with things right, we can just hang out.
    love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ I agree with Anja! And I do enjoy that picture of us all in Jazz sitting on our butts :P
    But yes. If you ever feel sad, I will ride my pee-wee herman bike to where you live and we can bike together :)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete