8.28.2012

The First

Well, can you believe it? I'm officially a BYU student! I arrived on campus on Wednesday afternoon. I was so excited to see Shannon since I hadn't seen her since June. I spent the day unpacking and shopping with my Mom. 

The initial result:

(I have the top bunk. It's cozy up there.)

Thursday was full of freshman orientation. We checked in at  Helaman Field which was packed to the brim with students. The whole situation was very EFY-esque.

(Our first impression)

We spent a lot of time at the Marriott Center and touring the campus. We also had a pep-rally and took the Y-photo.


(My view from the photo)





Friday I:

Walked around campus and learned more about my major.
Learned about a fabulous product that I couldn't imagine my life without.
(sarcasm)

Saw a small fire on Squaw Peak that was soon under control! It was amazing to see the wind pushing the flames up the mountain as to avoid the homes and nearby temple that are at the base of the mountain.



Later I came back to my room and decorated some more.

I got this free sketchbook that was full of student and faculty artwork and used them to decorate the wall.



Sunday was my first day at my student ward. We are lucky to have our church building be next door! 

Then it was time to get down to business! 


School started yesterday, and it was exhausting! I ended up riding my bike which was easier than trying to find a parking space. My first class was contemporary dance- theory and technique. Online it said there were no pre-requisites but almost everyone in my class has been dancing since they were 3. I hope I can keep up! Then I headed over to American Heritage and surprisingly I am excited for that class. Next was waiting in the Jamba Juice line for lunch and then I had Intro to Theater. Then it was time to make my way back to my bike and then home. Last night we had Family Home Evening and then I did my first round of laundry at the laundromat. Today is a new day full of new classes so we'll see how it goes!

Love,
Megan Marie

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you sissy! I love you! I spy myself on that wall a couple time. :D

    ReplyDelete