1.29.2014

Provo in January

It snowed, once. 
This month has been full. It's been full of friends, a new place to live, and getting back in the groove of going to school on the BYU campus. It's also been full of London homesickness, but I've been fortunate to always be around my friends from the program so we can commiserate together. 



I've spent lots of time catching up with my favorite nuggets. Bowling, Fashion Place Mall, Museum of Art with Mom, snuggling, the works.




I've also been trying to spend as much time as possible with my favorite Madeline before she leaves on her mission in two weeks (!!).


I bought a set of metallic letters at the dollar section at Target, and this was the best thing I could come up with with one set of letters.


This building alone saves me from severe classic architecture withdrawals. (and those mountains?)

I seem to always think "What Would Mindy Lahiri Wear?" because she is perfect.  

and another!


Naomi and I made a trip down to Nordstrom's to go to the Steve Madden event. That there is Steve Madden, and that there is the selfie pose of the year.

Jayne and I, Roll-up Cafe, Study Abroad get together as usual. 


Morgan and I went up to Salt Lake and Park City last Monday for the Sundance Film Festival. After all this time, this year was the first time I've been. She got tickets from the film program to see To Be Takei, a documentary about George Takei that I really enjoyed. We made a pitstop at Trader Joe's, and then drove up to Park City. We strolled around Main Street, ate free veggie burgers, tried and failed to see The Trip to Italy on the wait list, found our new favorite cafe called Atticus, and saw the much anticipated concert by Belle and Sebastian.



 This is the result of meeting and taking a picture with the one and only Stuart Murdock.

 I've also began my skiing class up at Sundance. It's been really icy and we seriously need some more snow, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it.


On Saturday, Morgan and I went to Cat's Cradle Antiques so she could get some footage for her film class documentary. This was my first time there, and I'll be back there again soon because it was my kind of place.

This week has been tests, studying, and assignments, but this weekend I'm going to a concert in Salt Lake and it'll be February. Now back to an attempt to study for my test, be back eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment