9.05.2011

weekend- with a singing sidenote

   This weekend was spent between
driving with the heat on full blast and with the air conditioning on full blast in the space of 24 hours.We had a cold spurt for a few days and people, I'm not looking forward to the winter.But I am looking forward to the beautiful weather that's happening this week!

   I've been practicing for the school musical audition on Tuesday. I went to my singing teacher's house and she helped me by boosting my confidence. She started teaching me when I was in the 8th grade, and boy I've come a long way since. I used to be so full of anxiety I could hardly sing. I would get so stressed. Now I've grown older and my anxiety has decreased and I gained a lot of experience by singing in choirs four times a week last year (a pattern that will repeat itself this year). 

   I remember when I decided to start taking singing lessons. I was in 7th grade and realized that if I wanted to do musical theater, then hunny I better be able to sing. I signed up at the music store near my home and waited in anxiety for Saturday at 2:00 to come around. The day came and I met my teacher Megan and started a warm-up. This was the very first time that I had sung alone in front of a person and it was terrifying. A few months passed and I got a new teacher named Trish. She was a folk singer and put me at ease a bit and I opened up more. One day Kristen came to substitute, and I loved her personality and style of teaching so she become my teacher. I took lessons every week in 8th and 9th grade. But truthfully, I would never practice during the week because I was too afraid to sing in front of my family! I still am, I really only practice when I'm home alone. It's something I need to work on. I'm just scared of criticism, that's what makes it hard to sing in front of people. 

   Anyways, I'm thrilled that my voice is growing stronger and clearer all the time. My range is growing as well. I keep working through the anxiety and building confidence.

   Back to the weekend, I spent it babysitting one of my favorite families that I haven't babysat in a long time. I was so excited to see them! I've been babysitting them since I was 13. It's crazy how time flies. On Saturday night I drove Carlee and I to a get together at a friend's house who lives just outside the city. It was so beautiful! We played games, had a campfire, roasted marshmellows and watched a movie. 












   After church yesterday and an afternoon spent watching the classic movie The Single's Ward, my dad and I met up with Melissa and Annaleen and Randy down by the river. The Bow is the Canadian version of the beach. Notice our glowing fair skin.



  There's no school today and I'm planning on hanging with my homegirl and watching Waiting for Guffman. 

Happy labo(u)rs!

Love, 
Megan Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment