10.17.2011

when you become a woman...

18 years of age.
That's some weirdo weird information.

Here am I this morning before I left for school, still but a wee child.


 I got serenaded by my first period class twice (thanks peeps) and was in the back of my math class at 11:59 am with Carlee, Amy, and Ashley the moment I turned 18. And again in seminary, and from Junior Jazz (which sounded amazing) and the best from my nieces and nephew and brother, and Matt and Kate. Then I enjoyed my ridulously delicious lunch of leftover Cafe Rio salad and chocolate cake. (don't judge, I also had a cafe rio salad sandwich for dinner.) 



My love and other half Meghan baked me freakin' delicious gluten-free chocolate cake. Seriously, I die.
 My friend Ella is putting up hundreds of haiku's around the school for her school art project- here's the little lovely I wrote.
 Such a gorgeous fall day! Thank you nature.
 My first photo as an 18 year old, don't I look so much older and full of responsibility?
 My incredibly adorable home teachers, the Yamada's- who are 70 year old grandparents who wore matching red coats- dropped by a balloon, card, and huge box of chocolates. They are seriously the cutest.


 And here are the presents I opened up from my parents tonight- a robe and tea kettle! Both of which I wanted, but they couldn't have given me a more old-maidish present. What happened to my American Girl doll stash I got every year? My childhood... I mourn thee...
Goals for my 18 year old self- (a starter list)
-Be more assertive
-Don't be afraid of confrontation
okay, I'll finish this later.


BEST THING TODAY- THE BYU APPLICATION CAME OUT. HOORAY FOR THE FUTURE!


Love,
a much older,
Megan Marie

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Megan! It sounded like a perfect way to turn 18!!

    ReplyDelete