1.15.2012

It was Christmas Time in the SLCity

This post about my trip to Utah is all of phone pictures, since I cannot get the pictures off our other camera at the moment. Hopefully that post can come soon.

I had school until the 22nd, and my dad and I drove down on Christmas Eve. There was no line at the border, and the lady was actually super cheerful! 



the mountain stretch



We made it to my brother and s-i-l's house just in time for dinner. Traditionally we have Chinese on Christmas Eve, but we switched it up and had Japanese. 


After all the kids were nestled asleep, I sat down with some Cold 911 herbal tea. After all semester being illness free, I get sick the last week.



We woke up, opening up stockings, and headed to church. I saw the most majestic Christmas sweater and had to snipe a photo. 


 After an amazing Christmas breakfast for lunch, we got down to business! 
I thought I'd include my thoughtful wrapping job. 
Daisy's done in.

the haul
Trust me, my grandma isn't violent, as the scissors may suggest! I was so happy to see these two; I hadn't since June! My grandma's house is like Temple Square- the best at Christmas. 

We had our own delicious meal back at my bro's house- fantastic food and even better company.

Bentley made some dessert.


We love Christmas!

That night I spent the last part of the day watching Home Alone, alone.



I visited Temple Square with my family. We ate at Blue Lemon, got hot chocolate, saw the sights, and went to the Church History Museum and Deseret Book.






I spent a lot of time with my best friend and family member, Maddie. (she appears on my blog here). We loved photoboothing with Kitty. 



We were able to visit my Grandma's grave and spend time with Grandpa. 




I loved spending time with my nieces and nephew! We went to Park City,



Watched Bentley's Cheer practice,


Ate dino nuggets, 
Snuggled with the grandparents, 


Squish fell asleep reading- adorable.

Played Wii in pajamas,



This girl made kissy lips better than me, 

and Squish helped me work it out. (Her jumping jacks are the cutest thing.)


Random Tidbits: I bought some clothes-


and read this book. 




I also reunited with my childhood best friends, Kelli and Calli! I love you two.




I also spent time at Helaman Halls with Becky- thanks for showing me around and I loved seeing you!



I don't have evidence, but I spent and another afternoon at BYU by going to a class with my brother, studying at the library, and met up with another best friend Katelyn! We hung around her apartment, made dinner, hung out with her friends, and went to a dance. It was awesome. I am anxiously awaiting college life!



I stopped at Maddie's house to bid adieu, and look what came to my email while I was there!


Second choice- I'm in!

Two weeks after our arrival, we departed after seeing Bentley's cheer competition and some tears.




OH Montana.


So Christmas Break was cool.




Love, 
Megan Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment