1.23.2012

Getting it Together

In the past few days, I feel like I'm going through one of those self-examination periods that come every so often. I wish that they happened more because I feel a sense of awakening and energy. I hate how life becomes drudgery. This past week was brutally cold. I had to take a math diploma prep course. I would stay up late and waste too much time on my iPhone. 


Thursday night, I decided to keep my phone downstairs when I went up to bed. Normally I lay there for a half-hour surfing the phonewebs. But I decided to write in my journal and have an in-depth scripture study and prayer. Ever since that night I've felt a new way of thinking come over me. I attribute it to feeling closer to the Spirit. My eyes are opened and my head is more clear.
I find myself longing to improve myself, to become who I want and envision myself becoming. 


Source: etsy.com via Megan on Pinterest


I love that quote. Here's a list of things I want to/have begun working on:


-Fitness
I've been working hard since I got home from Utah. I did a little P-90X, 5-Factor, and now the monthly workout that is in Seventeen magazine. It's actually really good. I also heard about the My Fitness Pal app from Shannon, and I've been clocking in my workouts and nearly everything I eat. It's been really helpful. My goal is to feel confident with my body by spring break in March!


-Fashion
I want to have more fun with fashion and clothes. I read style blogs everyday and wish that I could commit to keeping one. I wish I could be even more creative with how I dress, and I'll keep working on this area. I am drooling over this video of the owner of Modcloth's closet:



-Blogging
Having been an avid blog reader since 2007, I wish more than ever that I had a blog that was a daily habit, and with a design that was just me. Most of all, I want to be proud of my work.


-Education
This semester has been rough in the secular learning section. My math teacher wasn't the best for me, and I've loathed the subject all year. Math used to be easy for me, and I always had one of the best marks in the class. I got some humble pie in high school and have barely passed all these years. After having an amazing teacher at my prep course this week, I began understanding the work and didn't feel terrified of failing which has plagued me.(It makes me not even want to try.) I just want to love learning and avoid this perfectionism and competitive attitude that takes control over my thinking and effort. 


-Seminary
Tonight I went to the 100th Anniversary Broadcast for the Seminary program. It feels like a special occasion for me because my Great-Grandma Katherine Ure Murphy was in the very first seminary class. Here I am a hundred years later graduating seminary in 2012! Also, I'm a member of the seminary counsel at my school and I have some ideas and goals to get our program more recognized around the school. I know how much seminary means to me and impacts my life for good, I want to share that feeling with others. The church is true brothers and sisters!


-Family
Here's some honesty I want to share with you all- my relationships with my siblings are kind of awkward. I'm the youngest, I've been the only one at home since 8th grade-ish. All I remember is living far apart and I want strong relationships with them more than anything in this world. I'm willing to try anything to be best buddies with my 3 blood siblings and them spouses!


-Singing
I hardly ever sing for my family and I never practice when they are home. I'm not sure why, but I need to work on it. Now I'm going to share a new-found secret. My dream is to be the female version of Michael Buble. Corny, ridiculous, whatever I may think of it- I'll come bursting on the scene bringing back the vintage female vocal style that I love so dearly. Kind of like this girl-

Do you know I know this lovely personally? I met her at her concert in November and I interviewed her for my class! Perhaps I'll share some of it- I'll have to ask her first. 
wink. ;) <-- that style of expression annoys me but so be it. 




This blogging time has been wonderful. I'll do it more often, and I'll do it for me! Here's a couple photos from around my life lately, enjoy your Monday and I love you!





Love, Megan Marie




(In my 80's prom dress on a non make-up day)

No comments:

Post a Comment