Though I am far from a dedicated blogger, I do love recording these moments. I also love being able to share the goodness I encounter in my life with you readers! With this holiday season all around me, I just feel the power of gratitude. I love the people I've had in my life for a while, and all my new friends that just bring light and joy into my life. I head home next week, having finished my very first semester of college, and it's hard to believe all the lovely and challenging adventures I have experienced these past four months! Again, I'm just so very grateful for where I've ended up. I know it's no mistake that I have been through these joys and met these people, and I've been through enough challenges to appreciate them. I've become so much happier and appreciative of what I have, and girl, shoot. I love life.
First of all,
1. Was with the brightest beam of sunshine and friendship, Becky Vance.
2. Was at my now most favorite venue, Velour.
3. Saw THE Mindy Gledhill in concert, and it was a magical of magics Christmas special. She's such a talent, and a genuinely clever, honest, and beautiful human being.
This semester, I had the privilege (with a dose of begrudging) made it through the process of costuming 40 people in 1960 period costumes, and running 4 costume changes all in a 40 minute show with little budget! Phew, it took a lot of time and a lot of people, but it was such a worthwhile experience in the end. I've made great friends and have made a lot of connections that will really pay of. The 70+ hours well spent.
{Some views from the wings}
My staff/greatest new pals!
See? Beckshs you're the greatest!
I came home one day to the sweetest surprise from my padres! Flowers and chocolates, and note for finals well wishes. Oh, this made my whole week.
Saturday night, I had to opportunity to spend time with my grandpa. He is so, so sweet and I wish I could've spent more time over there this semester.
So, this morning I bid adieu to Biology 100.
I treated myself to Guru's- my favorite local joint. I know the sausage looks disgusting, but I was actually delicious. Plus their hot chocolate, and I was out of the 7 am final funk. Go before 11 on weekdays and 1 pm on Saturdays and get the Huevos Rancheros for breakfast!
Tonight, we had our ward Christmas party, and it was very pleasant. Try putting a peppermint kiss, caramel kiss, and a mint kiss in your cocoa, and bam.
Intense Christmas village.
And finally, shout out to some of the fabulous ladies I know!
:)
Happy December 10th!
Love,
Megan Marie
P.S. Happy birthday Raven. You have influenced my vocabulary more than you know.


No comments:
Post a Comment