12.12.2012

Twelve Twelve Twelve

I thought I would commemorate that I have lived on all of the coolest dates of the century (and most popular wedding days). As well, it just so happened that I was one of the lucky few million who were born at the end of 1993 and most of 1994 who had the year be the grade in school that you finished. It's very handy when it comes to rememebering where I was in say, 2003. Oh, just keeping it real watching  School House Rock in Mrs. Johnson's 3rd grade class. See? Pure luck.

As a tribute, here's what was going on every technically memorable day of the last 12 years:

01/01/01
Well, it was almost January when this photo was taken. Here's my homemade Jessie costume that rocked the first grade.
2/2/02


The Olympics was the most exciting thing this year for sure! I was only 8, so I never went to any of the events, but I saw the torch, collected pins, and went downtown to see the festivus. My 2nd grade teacher volunteered throughout the month, so I thought that was the greatest thing ever. 


3/3/03
Barbie lunchbox, headband for the growing out of bangs, and an affinity for blue, it must be the third grade.

4/4/04

I cannot find any pictures of the 4th grade since I'm limited to what I have on Facebook, but 4th grade was hoppin' and my height increased.

5/5/05

5th grade beach party- and I thought I was the hottest thing in town in my pink skort, and when we went to Lagoon that day without a chaperone. I also remember Gwen Stefani's B.A.N.A.N.A.S. being the most popular song of the day.

6/6/06
(Screenshot from Facebook, ignore the floating arrow)
Around June of 2006, my close friends threw me the most exciting going away surprise party. They picked me up, took us to McDonald's to get our dinner, then there was a table set up on top of one of the pedestrian street overpasses. There was fancy plastic china and camping chairs, and I thought "Bucket list complete!". All through childhood I thought it was so cool to have a dinner party on top of one of those ever since I saw it for myself. After we cleaned up, we headed to Sear's and had our pictures taken. Above is just one gem out of the bunch. We then went to Calli's house and had fondue, they gave me gifts, and we swam in her pool. That was seriously one of the best days of my pre-teen life, because I felt so loved.
7/7/07

A year later, I had finished my first year of Canadian middle school in the land of Grade 7. I came back to Utah for the month of July, and this was taken during my brother Matt's missionary farewell. I remember this being the most popular day of the year for weddings!
8/8/08

So '08 was the year I was in 8th grade, but close to August of '08 I was starting the 9th grade, braces and all. I got my fresh new haircut, and I was ready to conquer my last year at Willow Park Junior High.

9/9/09
September of '09 was the beginning of high school. I started grade 10 at Central Memorial Middle School in the Drama program, but after three weeks I switched to my designated school. I now could have the greatest girl around by my locker buddy and also support my face being green and pose for this wicked picture before the Halloween dance. 

10/10/10

This year's date was one of my favorites, since October is my favorite month. I met this chick in the registration line of grade 11 and we've been partners in crime ever since. This photo was also taken before the Halloween dance and we raided her vintage jewelry collection and called ourselves Misc. and Ellaneous.  
11/11/11
This photo was taken a month before 11/11/11, but I remember trying to make a good wish that day. This photo was as close as I got, and was from my 18th hipster themed birthday party. What a night that was.

12/12/12

I thought I would pay tribute to the past 12 years with a good dose of Pop Art from Photobooth. 
This day, the most exciting thing is taking my American Heritage Final. Then it's roommate Christmas and more studying but finals end tomorrow!
Oh boy, the peace sign. My defense is that it's supposed to be a 12. 
Farewell easy days to remember, it's been a journey- I mean look, you've seen me come from bangs to no bangs,  and all twelve years of school. It's a big deal.

Love,
M1eg2an M1ari2e

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog, Megan! This is very cool! Can't wait to see you in a few more days! I love you!

    ReplyDelete