5.26.2013

Just get on the 105 and get outta here!

So the semester ended, I packed up all my belongings, and then our road trip began! Jeni, Bayley, Jordan, Caleb and I left Friday and made it to California that night. 

The next day our adventure continued-


Back home to Laguna Beach at last! My brother lived there for a few years and I would visit him often.


The beach at the Montage Hotel is divine.
Officially Salt Watery!
After the beach, we drove up the PCH to Fashion Island. We ate at this cool vegan place called Native Foods, shopped around, and then stopped at Sprinkles for cupcakes (after a 30 minute worthwhile wait).


On Sunday, Jeni had her farewell. Everyone met up at Golden Spoon afterwards (since her parents own a few). That day was spent with the family hanging out and eating delicious food.

Monday was Jeni's 19th birthday! We first went to breakfast at this place in Dana Pointe called Stacks. Then we drove down to San Diego. We stopped in Coronado and visited the hotel and the beach. 





We then met Jeni's brother and his wife for sushi at Sushi Deli and ridiculous dessert at Extraordinary Desserts.


Monday night we made it to Anaheim! Tuesday and Wednesday were spent at the happiest place on earth. The weather was perfect, overcast on the first day and sunny but not to hot on the second. We ate to our hearts content and walked until we couldn't walk anymore. 




It was 7:30 that night and Jeni and Bayley were done in. I, being the hardcore Disney maniac I am, hit up a few more rides and World of Color.



Day two!





We ate lots of  Golden Spoon. Peanut butter, salted caramel, and black cherry suit my fancy.
We had half of a day left and we got perfect Boba (bubble tea, coconut is my go-to), saw The Incredible Burt Wonderstone at the dollar movie, and did some last minute shopping.

The Californians.
Oh how I miss these two. Jeni is owning it up in the Philippines. I am so, so glad that we got to have this time together before we all went our separate ways for the next two years. California has my heart.






1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photos Megan! Makes me miss living in California, especially seeing Hotel Del Coronado! I love that you love good food and fashion...you are such a creative girl, always have been! Love you!

    ReplyDelete