12.22.2013

Around the Making of Harry Potter in 80 Photos

I am now writing from home in Canada, unfortunately. 
I made it back from England last Friday with the hope that I would blog about the rest of my semester this Christmas break. I thought I'd begin with one the the most magical days of all- a day at The Making of Harry Potter! The reason this is a post of monster length because I had to take pictures of everything, and I'm guessing I have a few people who are reading this who also want to see everything. The studio tour takes place in the actual studio they filmed Harry Potter (studios J and K). It was full of the sets, costumes, models, butterbeer, and everything in between. Needless to say, it was unreal.


Head table


The Great Hall all decked out for Christmas!

I know, right?
Luna had the best everything.





THE invisibility cloak, lined with green fabric to make it actually invisible.



I spy the Sorting Hat.


The intensity of this beverage is astounding.
Quite sugary
Aw yeah.

This was made of three vintage double decker buses.


Um,  don't drink and drive?

The Burrow was one of my favorites and I may or may not have taken several notes for future home decorating. 




















The Black family tapestry

Look at those goblin hands







Aunt Marge!







 Diagon Alley was a whole new world.



Doin' some shoppin!






 There are two other moments that compare to walking into this room and seeing the model of Hogwarts- turning the corner and seeing the Duomo in Florence and coming across Big Ben, seriously. This room was amazing!



  We sat in the room for awhile and watched as the lights changed like a sunrise and sunset. This model was used along with computer animation to shoot the exterior shots for the movie.



Now this is from "Platform 9 3/4" at King's Cross, but I thought it was fitting. Sometimes a day at school is the best kinds of days. The London Study Abroad really spoils you! To think that all we had to do was talk about Harry Potter in English class. 

1 comment:

  1. This is incredible! I'm so glad you didn't skimp on the pictures, I love them all! So fun!

    ReplyDelete