12.01.2013

Portraits of Sherlock and Indian Food

On Friday I had all three of those experiences mentioned in my title.
First:
The Sherlock Holmes Museum







The third floor of the museum features fake people portrayed as famous characters from Sherlock stories. Someone thought that was a good idea, and so they went for it.




Watson's like whaa?

Moriarty is up to no good I think.

Oh look real person.




With our photo ops complete, souvenirs purchased, and me getting my Sherlock fix, we moved on to our next stop of the day.

The National Portrait Gallery 





The Queen in her majestic desert of emptiness


I thought the portrait gallery was a great collection. I was confused and I thought Princess Kate and everyone's portrait was going to be there but I checked all over the contemporary section, so maybe next time. I did find Jane Austen's itty bitty portrait.

Next we went to a stationary store and ended up trying Humingbird Bakery that was nearby on our way to an Indian restaurant out in the middle of nowhere (Vauxhall) called Hot Stuff. I had the best tikka masala. (It was my first tikka masala so what it was really good).

I'm of little words tonight but I thought I'd share some photos from this weekend in an attempt to blog a lot if not everyday before I leave in 12 DAYS.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment