I found this image on pinterest,
and took it as inspiration for a wall in my room.
My mom and I took a mini road trip on Friday, (I drove the whole way!) to Nanton and through Okotoks. I found 5 old frames at a thrift store in Nanton for 5 dollas. I picked out some acrylics at Michael's and got painting.
The next step was to use magnetic paint and cover the back pieces of the frame. Some were empty frames, so I had to cut out pieces out of thin wood and painted them.
The finished product! I had a shelf where that necklace holder board is, so I used it to cover up the knarly holes leftover in the wall.
The quote on the magnet is "You do not find the happy life, you make it." -Camilla Kimball
This stichery was in a nasty looking gold frame, so I spruced it right up with some green paint.
This weekend project also counted as a divine nature project. I'm more than halfway finished with my Personal Progress (the second time). I also finished reading the Book of Mormon yesterday, I just love that book!

No comments:
Post a Comment