Since I have school starting tomorrow, I'm finally posting about the rest of August as well as summer as a whole. 2011 has been an absolute vision of what my high school summer should be, minus my grandmother's funeral.
I made a summer list and was able to complete most of it- so here goes.
GlobalFest is an international fireworks competition that happens every year. I have never been able to go before, so I took the opportunity when my friend Teolynn invited me.
![]() |
| My family, just missing Annaleen, on that day. |
I made a summer list and was able to complete most of it- so here goes.
- Planted flowers
I planted 5 pretty plants in the front yard, and they dies a few weeks ago in a crazy hailshower.
- Watch a thundershower
It was a crazy mental hailshower.
- Watch all 8 Harry Potter movies
Matt and Kate and I were able to watch quite a few together, but I missed the last half of the Sorcerer's Stone asleep on the couch.
- See a Broadway Show
{I stole these off of Kate's blog. Thanks girl.}
I saw Wicked for the second time while Matt and Kate were in town at the beginning of July. I just LOVE it and one day I will see it sitting up close.
- Go to Stampede
| That's my homegirl Hannah playing the lead in the ever random but amazing Grandstand show! |
| My hurr is totally a weather victim in this picture, but I love the chucks (the churckwagon races, I'm local. ) Oh , and I love my brother too. |
- Go to a rodeo
- See Brooke White in concert
Dream come true.
Dream come true.
![]() |
| Truman opened for the show. hot stuff. |
![]() |
| My concert going pal. SHOUT OUT TO MADDIE MADELINE MADDAWG! |
![]() |
| Brooke in the flesh. She debuted some of her new stuff from Jack and White! |
- Watch an Extreme Home Makeover reveal in person
- Hang at the lake
- Friend movie night
On separate occasions we watched Harry Potter 5, The Italian Job, and Pirates 4.
- Visit Lake Louise and Banff
Victoria came along with my parents and I on a little road trip. My dad was riding his bike home from Lake Louise, so we spent the day in the Rockies.
On separate occasions we watched Harry Potter 5, The Italian Job, and Pirates 4.
- Visit Lake Louise and Banff
Victoria came along with my parents and I on a little road trip. My dad was riding his bike home from Lake Louise, so we spent the day in the Rockies.
- Hipster watch downtown
Last week, Victoria packed up a cute little picnic, and Ben tagged along. We went to this gorgeous park with a wade pool. It was a perfect day. There was a girl there making a headband out of wildflowers, so it counts as hipster watching.
![]() |
| Ben likes to creep and stuff. |
![]() |
| She's a good homemaker. |
- Go on 5 dates (I went on four).
Most recently, I went to the CFL game with my buddies!
![]() |
| Missy and Jeremy |
![]() |
| Sir Michael and I. |
![]() |
| He actually got to use that face on his ID card this year. |
- Watch a CFL game
- Go to EFY
Oh my goodness, was it ever great! Definitely the best out of the three years I went. Victoria was my roommate, and we just hang the most bangin' time.
![]() |
| Young Ambassador faces! |
![]() |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| "What?" Did we do more than take pictures of ourselves?" YES! |
![]() |
| This is Shannon. I love her. We skype a lot. |
![]() |
| So does Victoria. |
![]() |
| I love Becky. |
![]() |
| I love this group of girls. |
![]() |
| This was the only option for photos since the monstrosity of a storm was happening outside. Take note of Victoria's facial expression. |
![]() |
| There was a mishap, not a fight. |
![]() |
| My homies! |
![]() |
| I was able to have some serious spiritual enlightenment all week long! |
- FINISH READING THE BOOK OF MORMON
I starting reading it straight through a while back, and since I took a lot of detours, you know studying other topics, it took me a while to finish. I happily passed off my virtue project, and hopefully it will count for my Honor Bee. My goal is to finish personal progress by my birthday in October.
I starting reading it straight through a while back, and since I took a lot of detours, you know studying other topics, it took me a while to finish. I happily passed off my virtue project, and hopefully it will count for my Honor Bee. My goal is to finish personal progress by my birthday in October.
- Take M on a date
We went and got dinner, (poutine- the same as last year) and bought silly glasses at the dollar store. I love my niece so much- she makes me happy when skies are grey!
We went and got dinner, (poutine- the same as last year) and bought silly glasses at the dollar store. I love my niece so much- she makes me happy when skies are grey!
- Get gelato
I went with Zoe and again with M on our date.
I went with Zoe and again with M on our date.
- Be a YCL at girl's camp
Girl's camp this year was a stake camp. The theme was "Believe Hope Endure Seek". A whole lot of planning went into this camp, and all of it paid off! I loved being with my friends from other wards, and I also loved getting to know my own little ward better. The weather was perfect, and the spirit was strong.
-Go to the Temple
![]() |
| Some of my beehives and one of my leaders |
-Go to the Temple
- Watch fireworks (go to Global Fest)
![]() |
| sunset before the show |
- Get a pedicure
- Read "Unbroken"
One of the most amazing books I've ever read. I loved it so much, I read it in a day.
One of the most amazing books I've ever read. I loved it so much, I read it in a day.
- Read "The Help"
I also loved this book, and I cannot wait to see the movie. Read it in 3 days.
I also loved this book, and I cannot wait to see the movie. Read it in 3 days.
Well, adeiu summer 2011- hello and bonjour to senior year!
Love,
Megan Marie
P.S. I've obviously made quite a few changes on the way my blog looks. I'm still working on a header, but I'm really liking things fresh and clean. Are these large pictures blowing your mind?
Love,
Megan Marie
P.S. I've obviously made quite a few changes on the way my blog looks. I'm still working on a header, but I'm really liking things fresh and clean. Are these large pictures blowing your mind?











































No comments:
Post a Comment