3.12.2013

Hello all!

Today was a successful Monday. Success including making to all my classes, eating good food, and looking presentable. I've been working on this Lazy Man Iron Man and spent two hours at the Richards Building. I biked 6 miles while reading this book and watched this on the elliptical. Then it was my first pool time! I had to get a BYU approved swimming suit (ended up with this one, it fits my extra long torso perfectly!). I absolutely loved swimming. I could do it everyday, and I probably will! I was feeling stressed and overwhelmed about my essay due and my trig test coming up, and afterwards my head was clearer and more optimistic. It's nice to know I have this new outlet!

So this weekend was a keeper! Friday morning I went to see C Jane (happy birthday!) speak at the women's conference. While resting between laps tonight, a thought occurred to me. Why should I spend anymore time hating things about my body? I challenged myself to stop it. Who told me that I should hate my extra fat, or my acne, or my fair skin? I've wasted so much precious time believing I was not worth loving, because I perceived something was wrong. If I only could shed that Freshman 15, cure my pimp(le)s, and did my makeup just right, I would be content. C Jane's words at the conference inspired me. She said to the extent, love your body the way it is currently. Our bodies are just what we need right now. I'm too tired to paraphrase it completely, but I've been motivated to love myself more, and stop the hatin'.

 (Greatest picture of your life, I know.)

On Saturday, I headed up to Salt Lake with Baylee and Jeni. We hit up the Vintage Whites Market at the fairgrounds. I purchased two adorable vintage dresses for $35, curtains for $8, and gluten free cookie bar, and a ring from Ruche. 




Afterwards we went to the Happy Sumo at the Gateway for sushi. Wow man, get the Mango Mama rolls! We came out of Urban Outfitters empty handed, but then we ventured on to Decades. Jeni bought the cutest l'il hat!

 We stopped by Trader Joe's (chocolate covered potato chips...) and then we spent the night at Baylee's house. We played pool, watched The First Wives Club for some reason, ate nachos, drank pop, hot tubbed, watched SNL, cursed daylight savings, and ate a delicious breakfast before we headed back to Provo for church. Sunday night I hung out with Maddie and did my laundry, (also ate Mini Eggs).


Sunday also happened to be this little punkin's birthday! I love you Bentley Bee!


I love you all!
Megan


1 comment: