(optional title- I'm an Adult Now so Here's Some Lists)
Today I'm two decades old. Two whole decades!
Ten years ago, I was in the fourth grade.

This is the definition of my childhood birthdays: BT cake (Barbie cake topper bonus points), my dear cousin Maddie, a headband, stretchy pants, Spongebob, Polly Pockets, My Scene, American Girl, sticker books, Lion King special edition, and a cute lil face.
Now doing a picture recap of the last year would be a lot of work, so I'm going to have more fun and make a list.
Today I'm two decades old. Two whole decades!
Ten years ago, I was in the fourth grade.

This is the definition of my childhood birthdays: BT cake (Barbie cake topper bonus points), my dear cousin Maddie, a headband, stretchy pants, Spongebob, Polly Pockets, My Scene, American Girl, sticker books, Lion King special edition, and a cute lil face.
![]() |
| This is me, as a 20 year old, showing you my sweet birthday garb whilst listening to English class. My art history prof (shout out to Heather) dubbed me Henry VIII -makes sense. |
Now doing a picture recap of the last year would be a lot of work, so I'm going to have more fun and make a list.
19 Things I Did While Being Nineteen
- Had Thanksgiving in USA for the first time in six years (and was with the grandparents)
- My niece Miss Mia was born!
- Survived my first and second semesters of college
- All my friends got mission calls
- Did the costumes for a complicated production successfully
- Went home for Christmas and saw the much anticipated Les Miserables
- Moved to Helaman Halls
- Applied and got accepted to London Study Abroad
- Visited St. George with my family
- Met new friends, one of which is my second cousin
- Went to California with said friends
- Calgary flooded to our dismay and I cleaned up some muck
- Got my first job at The Home Depot
- Almost all my family convened in Canada during July, much fun
- Ran Color Me Rad with my sister
- Moved to London
- Visited southern England and London with my parents
- Toured Italy and France
- Made fwiends.
That's my year in a nutshell.
I found this list via facebook last week, and since we're on a list roll let's see how I'm doing at this adult thing:
20 Things I Should Be Able to Do Now That I'm 20
- Make a great breakfast
- I can make a scramble, pancakes, waffles, cereal- but I should expand my reportoire.
- Argue Kindly
- When I argue at all (I'm scared of it) it's probably kind? I'm not sure. But I'm sure that if I'm arguing I'm trying to prove that I'm right.
- Hold a Conversation with Someone of Any Age
- I own this.
- Parallel Park
- I also owned this when I took my driving test, but my skills have since fallen into disrepair.
- Defend Your Media Choices
- I'm usually embarrased by my lack of copious amounts of cool music, but I have a certain taste. I can defend all my Broadway albums.
- Limit Your Online Life
- Oh.. gotta work on this.
- Approach a Stranger
- Yeah, I can say this is a victory of mine. I used to be painfully shy as a kid, and now you would never know.
- Stand Up For Yourself
- Most of the time, I'm laid back enough not to make a move when I would have need to defend myself, but I can be feisty if I want to.
- Say "I Was Wrong"
- It's always hard to apologize, but I can say it.
- Brew a Great Cup of Coffee or Tea
- Nada on the coffee, (I did play a Barista in 12th grade) but I can make a yummy cup of tea.
- Tip Generously
- Exempting the Italian restaurant last week who's service was severely lacking, I can make it rain when it comes to tips.
- Maintain a Mentor
- Many of my friends at home are strong married women with children, and they do act as my mentors. I also love my counselor/therapist.
- Bite Your Tongue
- "Understand when you should go to bat for what you’re thinking and when you can let it go." Working in it!
- Stay Well Rested
- Also working on this, but I do pretty well.
- Respond to Criticisms
- Still painful, but can be helpful.
- Write a Cover Letter
- I wrote a successful resume, so we'll call it good for now.
- Be Alone
- Own. This.
- Recommend a Book, Movie, or Album
- Check, check, check
- Prioritize the Important over the Urgent
- I work on this daily.
- Hold on to a Good Friend
- I developed this trait after I moved, but I can't say I've been perfect in any way. I have dear friends that I've grown farther apart from, but I do my best and I understand that drifting apart from certain friends is part of life. I love making and keeping friends, they are the best.
Well, well, well. Hello adulthood, hello twenties! Maybe I'll love you as much as I love the twenties- the 1920's. I think I'm gonna rock this.
Love,
the older and wiser,
Megan
P.S. Much thanks to my roommates here! Andi just gave me a shout- out during her presentation. OH warm fuzzies. Decorations, candy, balloons, all around wonderfulness. Tonight we are heading to Covent Garden to eat at Bill's and be marvelous and such. Oh the life.


Happiest of happy birthdays, Megan!!! The 20s are AWESOME - life is soooo filled with possibilities at your age!!! Have lots of fun growing into adulthood and becoming the woman you're meant to be!
ReplyDelete