10.06.2013

(Rich) Provincial Towns

{I now continue on my recap of our two week trip}

We left Venice early on a Saturday morning. That day was spent driving, driving, and more driving. The highlights of the day included watching Toy Story 3 as a bus, finding crispy m&m's, driving past Morocco, and seeing gorgeous things out the bus window.  



 That night we arrived in Avignon, France. Half of the group staying in a hostel, the other half stayed in a hotel. I was in the hostel and it was fun- until I had to shower in the flooded bathroom, I was overly tired and my wifi wouldn't work, and I just wanted to chat with my momma. After a little cry in the shower, the wifi worked, I slept and it was a new day. The hostel provided us with a breakfast that included a croissant, a baguette, and juice.

On Sunday we toured the grounds of the Papal Palace and admired the Rhone river valley. (There was also a jet ski competition on the river... it was cool).






We went to church in Avignon, and could only stay until right after the Sacrament. I fumbled through the French hymns but I was happy to give it a try. We again drove the rest of the day and landed that night in Tours. All we saw of that city was the budget hotel.  That morning we drove a short while to a gorgeous little provincial town called Amboise.




This chapel on the corner of the castle complex is where Leonardo da Vinci is buried. (My BFF. You will hear more about him later). 







This is the result of eating gluten free baguettes.

Next was Château de Chenonceau, a li'l castle to be enjoyed.







After Chenonceau, we drove into Paris! Next up, The City of Lights and the Time I Wrecked My Knee on an Escalator at the Louvre. (Or just Paris)

Love,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment