{I'm so close to finishing my re-cap. I have only Bayeux/Normandy to review and then it's all England time baby.}
Paris was a whirlwing. Literally, it was quite chilly most days, but lovely all the while. We stayed in a hotel in the southeast of the Seine, and got used to the metro real fast; well, not exactly. It was a little complicated.
Saint Chapelle was a mystical wonder. I had no idea what to expect, and boy these medieval windows are insane.
Next stop: Notre Dame. Well enjoyed and no pickpockets.
Story time: There we were, taking pictures Utah girl style (hand on hip, bent back, tilted head). I was looking at the pictures Drew took when this guy came up and asked me to show hime how to do it. At first I just assumed he was asking for us to talk a picture for him as he handed us his phone, but no he wanted to learn how to pose. He was quite chatty and wanted to hang out, but we kindly DECLINED.
| fake love lockdown |
| vital Hall of Mirrors pic |
| Just livin the peasant life |
It was also my sister-in-law's birthday, so Mona wished her well.
We had some free time the next day, so we walked to a flea market, but never made it there. We found this sandwich shop and I had the greatest baguette sandwich, the greatest sandwich, I've ever had. We still talk about it all the time. We went to Sacre Couer and took a peek around.
At the bottom of the hill, we found Fragonard (the prized perfume shop) and a carousel.
We met as a group to visit the Musee d'Orsay, and then that night we went to Shakespeare and Company and died.
We had to eat at the much talked about St. Regis and try the lemon chicken. The restaurant was cute and cozy and the marinara sauce was insane.
I had one more crepe (that I couldn't finish, I was over Nutella for the first time ever), and said farewell to Paris.
I can't believe I've been able to see all of these things that I've imagined my whole life. France was a real treat- and was full of treats (especially those Lion bars).

No comments:
Post a Comment