Not only was Bath beautiful this past weekend, but Stonehenge and Salisbury. They were great even the second time around. We got to Stonehenge early in the morning, and it was much less crowded then when I was there last time which is always much more enjoyable.
 |
| windy indie lyfe |
{We got to Salisbury to tour the Cathedral around 11. We divided into groups and given tour guides.}
This place will never cease to amaze. It was overcast and gothically gorgeous.
 |
| There's Paul our guide in the upper right of the baptismal font. |
 |
| This is how they test the water level underneath the foundation of the Cathedral, which was built 1000 years ago on a flood plain. |
 |
| Some Tibetan monks were there by the Magna Carta mediating while creating this amazing and intricate artwork out of grains of sand. |
Next stop of the day was Stourhead Gardens... oh la la.
 |
| The ice cream truck which contained the best honey comb ice cream was closed. |
 |
| We all took this picture and they are all gorgeous. |
We were sure to recreate this scene. AND BONUS! It down poured for the 20 minutes that we were up at the Temple of Apollo and I had my Lizzie Bennet on.
Classy face....
and sensible shoes. Woe is me.
So after that dream we made our way to Bath. We stayed overnight and spent our Saturday in the city. Friday night we trekked from our hostel into town for dinner. We made it (after climbing a mountainous hill) to Sally Lunn's where I had their famous buns. The restaurant was the oldest in Bath, as in the Romans had an eating site on the same location.
I tried a treacle tart with homemade vanilla bean ice cream and it was divine.
 |
| our hostel |
On Saturday we went to the Jane Austen Center which was jolly good fun.
 |
| (thanks for da photo Jayne :) |
We also made it to the Fashion Museum which was a total DREAM.
and finished the day off with the Roman Baths (old, cool and touristy), dinner, and light shopping at Jack Wills. The bus ride home was complete with a viewing of Harry Potter,
and a random hot air balloon.
Now classes are over for the day and I'm off to see The Phantom of the Operrra. Oh London, you.
Love,
MM
flipping out. obviously. asfdlsjfljsdlf asldfj
ReplyDeleteLove it! And I LOVED the Phantom of the Opera in London. What amazing talent! I thought the music was way better in the theatre than any soundtrack ever made of it.
ReplyDelete