Blog, I know I've neglected you.
But to make it up to you, I have some good stories.
London does not cease to disappoint! How can one place have so much to do, so much to see, so much to eat, all of the day?
This week was so jam packed, at one point I had to pack a peanut butter and jam sandwich because I had no time to eat dinner.
Here are some highlights.

First, here are two familiar sites when I leave my flat each day.
It just so happens that we were planning on going to it anyways. We loved it so much we are going back tomorrow!
My friend Morgan stopped in London for a few days on her way home from study abroad in Paris. WE managed to pack a lot into her weekend here! Not pictured is our fish and chips at a swanky pub near Green Park station and the Ritz, King's Cross station, and our time being in the audience for a taping of Nick Grimshaw's show Sweat the Small Stuff on BBC Three.
Saturday we made it to Speedy's Cafe, where they film/filmed Sherlock:
Portobello Market:
Morgan's Dr. Who 50th Anniversary experience:
Last week was a good one I'd say! One of the best. Now I'm on Thanksgiving break this week and I'm not quite sure what to do with all of this free time. Today I managed to shop for a little bit, miss all of the matinees, visit Hatchard's bookstore, eat food, and do a microscopic amount of homework.
Tomorrow I'm having Thanksgiving dinner with my friends who are still in London this week and not travelling around and my professor and her family. I might be able to squeeze in a movie before the Showstoppers show tomorrow night.
London is busy, London is fine. London is blah blah blah no more rhymes I love it.
-MM
But to make it up to you, I have some good stories.
London does not cease to disappoint! How can one place have so much to do, so much to see, so much to eat, all of the day?
This week was so jam packed, at one point I had to pack a peanut butter and jam sandwich because I had no time to eat dinner.
Here are some highlights.
First, here are two familiar sites when I leave my flat each day.
Kilburn Park Tube station and this gorgeous Gothic-Revival church on the corner.
Last week won so far for Best Entertainment Week.
Monday night, I went ice skating outside the science museum with my friends and for Thai food at Thai Break afterwards.
Wednesday night I scored a half price, 5th row seat to Matilda. This show is so brilliant in every way. I also managed to sit by and talk to a professional actor who is currently in Showstoppers- an improv musical.
![]() |
| Jane and I |
Last week was also jam packed with school stuff. We made it to the Tate Britain which I ended up adoring. I was able to see many of the paintings and sculptures that we studied in class which is an experience like no other.
A renovation was just complete and this magnificent staircase has reopened after almost 100 years of being closed off to the public.
My friend Morgan stopped in London for a few days on her way home from study abroad in Paris. WE managed to pack a lot into her weekend here! Not pictured is our fish and chips at a swanky pub near Green Park station and the Ritz, King's Cross station, and our time being in the audience for a taping of Nick Grimshaw's show Sweat the Small Stuff on BBC Three.
Saturday we made it to Speedy's Cafe, where they film/filmed Sherlock:
Portobello Market:
| Thanks to Morgs for these pics xo |
and my very first English Premier League football game:
![]() |
| Andi, Marinda, Susannah, Me, and Drew |
Tomorrow I'm having Thanksgiving dinner with my friends who are still in London this week and not travelling around and my professor and her family. I might be able to squeeze in a movie before the Showstoppers show tomorrow night.
London is busy, London is fine. London is blah blah blah no more rhymes I love it.
-MM








No comments:
Post a Comment