6.03.2012

Up the Weekend Date {June 1-3}

The grad celebration has come and gone. My best friend Shannon came and went, and now my brother Matt and s-i-l Kate are here. We just had a delicious family dinner (roast beef and strawberry shortcake for dessert). I love the time I have to spend with my family- so much I am blogging now. All right, I'm used to be the only child at home. It's a minor adjustment having other bodies in the house, and bodies that look like you on top of that. To all my childhood friends who graduated from Bingham High this week- congratulations! I still bleed blue. I have a Bingham license plate decoration, among other things, to prove it.

So, here are a hodge-podge of photos from the other adventures had this grad weekend. 

Another grad party- Amazing Race style.

tired. si. 
 Here's a sneak preview from my time with Abby Dell photography on Thursday- spoiler alert!

 I have the sweetest home/visiting teachers ever- the Yamada's. They brought me the most beautiful graduation bouquet! 
 While missing her hubby who was in San Fran this weekend, we took a gander in Matt's baby box.

 Driving home Friday night, the moon was a-shining and the air was full of summer.
 Saturday brought a glorious visit to David'sTea. I left with a Jessie's Tea soy latte, and the strawberry ginger and flamingo loose leaf teas (caffeine free, calm down).
 twinned it up with seafolly.
 Oil change
 We took an adventure downtown once more. We needed to get to Cabin Fever, a used book store, but we neglected to check the address before paying for parking 20 blocks away. We took an opportunity to trek.




I was brought back to my Awesome/Radical roots. 

ankles were again exposed
 Ate at Joey's in Eau Claire- mucho fabulous.






And today I enjoyed my gluten-free (gf) lemon poppyseed pancakes, courtesy of Pinterest.
 Shannon departed for her homeland. Our Toms were to be separated once more.

 Shannon took the opportunity to use the Peter's Drive-In coupon she won at the aftergrad party. Farewells suck. and I know suck is an ugly, impolite word but oh well.




Facetimed with the twin and Squish!



I drank some tea and ate the most delicious yogurt combination known to man.



I went to church, learned about goals and such, and helped with nursery. I drew each kid cartoon style and they loved that!


Some final Sabbath Day notes:


We are what we want ourselves to be.
Align our image of ourselves to what we want to be.
Divinity is inside all of us. Recognize that, and you are going to be unstoppable. 
Remember, you are a child of God, and that's what matters most. 


Always remember who you are, what you stand for, and what you want. 






The more we follow God's counsel, the happier we will become. 


Two major life goals:
-Be of service to the Lord
-Be where the Lord wants us to be, no matter the sacrifice.


That's all for now, until next weekend, where I shall be one week  closer to being finished with high school!


Love,
Megan M.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment