Today was spent caked in mud and dirt hauling out ruined belongings, saturated carpet, and drywall from destroyed basements. Throughout the day, the group of us were able to help out in at least eight homes. These houses were actually lucky, no flooding had reached the main floor. I seriously have so many amazing memories of this day. I can't record them all but I'll try!
I was doubly dirty by the end of the day. Awesome. (That's not sarcasm, it really was fun).
We saw so many books going into the dumpster. This one seemed a little too ironic not to document!
Today was marvelous. It felt so good to finally be doing something that actually makes an immediate difference. Almost all of the people we helped had little to no family or friends available to help so we really could step in. I met so many new friends today and I feel like I have a new little neighborhood to love. This kind of destruction is all over this city and surrounding area, not to mention High River is still a lake. Everyone is really stepping up and smiles and hope is all around!
I'll be back for more!
Extra love,
Megan
PS First day of work tomorrow! Let's sell some construction supplies!




No comments:
Post a Comment