To help lighten the mood.. I tried and failed to find the clip of "the Bulging River" from Waiting for Guffman. If you happen to have the old relic on DVD I'd watch the quality deleted scene. It really sets the mood here.
I surely have experienced a bulging river with bountiful banks. With the flooding in my city of Calgary starting on Thursday, I had no idea what kind of damage would be done. Keep in mind many parts of the city and area are still under water and there is no estimate on the damage. I've been so fortunate to be far enough away from the flood plain; my life (If I stayed in my neighborhood and didn't watch the news) would be definitely business as usual.
On Friday I woke up, got ready for my second interview at The Home Depot and lo and behold..
I am now employed! I'm so grateful. I've applied to at least 20 places since I got home at the beginning of May and this job is perfect timing. Just a few nights ago I had a real hard time sleeping since I was worrying about not having a job yet! Plus I know the store will be really busy since so many homes have been flooded. Even though people have to buy their own supplies and it is a business, I still feel like I can be of service to those that are struggling.
Friday continued with my dad coming home from work early since nothing was happening, being glued to the screen(s) watching the news, getting steel toed boots, getting pizza, and a bike ride down to see the crazy crazy river, along with the rest of the neighborhood.
{On another note, Saturday brought my extra zeal to get in shape. I bought a pass to the local yoga studio and went to a hot yoga class. I love it and it shall continue. }
Tonight my dad and I took a drive around to see some of the damage. Apparently the river has receded quite a bit so that is better news!
I have seriously been so impressed by the spirit of everyone in this city. It is honestly a little celestial. Even though destruction is everywhere, there is optimism and there is plenty of helping hands. I am honestly so proud to live here, and I'm going to do my part since I have been so blessed. I could say so much more about this but I gotta get to sleep so I can wake up and clean up!
So here's this cute weirdo
and how nice is this? This is just one of many kindly deeds.
So check out CNN-
That's our Stampede grounds! Seriously I hope The Big Show can and will go on.
and The Calgary Herald-
Those are just a few I've been frequenting. And honestly I only visit CNN to confirm that this normally under the radar city has made front page American news. Dis is real man.
It's late, I've managed to post on a Sunday night with a now unusual post. I should be back next Sunday night (and before that) with my Short Sunday Sampling because those lists are fun.
Keep it up Calgary, I sure do love you!
-MM
I surely have experienced a bulging river with bountiful banks. With the flooding in my city of Calgary starting on Thursday, I had no idea what kind of damage would be done. Keep in mind many parts of the city and area are still under water and there is no estimate on the damage. I've been so fortunate to be far enough away from the flood plain; my life (If I stayed in my neighborhood and didn't watch the news) would be definitely business as usual.
On Friday I woke up, got ready for my second interview at The Home Depot and lo and behold..
I am now employed! I'm so grateful. I've applied to at least 20 places since I got home at the beginning of May and this job is perfect timing. Just a few nights ago I had a real hard time sleeping since I was worrying about not having a job yet! Plus I know the store will be really busy since so many homes have been flooded. Even though people have to buy their own supplies and it is a business, I still feel like I can be of service to those that are struggling.
Friday continued with my dad coming home from work early since nothing was happening, being glued to the screen(s) watching the news, getting steel toed boots, getting pizza, and a bike ride down to see the crazy crazy river, along with the rest of the neighborhood.
![]() |
Tonight my dad and I took a drive around to see some of the damage. Apparently the river has receded quite a bit so that is better news!
I have seriously been so impressed by the spirit of everyone in this city. It is honestly a little celestial. Even though destruction is everywhere, there is optimism and there is plenty of helping hands. I am honestly so proud to live here, and I'm going to do my part since I have been so blessed. I could say so much more about this but I gotta get to sleep so I can wake up and clean up!
So here's this cute weirdo
So check out CNN-
That's our Stampede grounds! Seriously I hope The Big Show can and will go on.
and The Calgary Herald-
Those are just a few I've been frequenting. And honestly I only visit CNN to confirm that this normally under the radar city has made front page American news. Dis is real man.
It's late, I've managed to post on a Sunday night with a now unusual post. I should be back next Sunday night (and before that) with my Short Sunday Sampling because those lists are fun.
Keep it up Calgary, I sure do love you!
-MM









No comments:
Post a Comment