Hello everyone!
This week was spent babysitting, reading, finishing season two of 24, and other scholarly pursuits.
Since tonight was Tony night, I'd thought I'd feature a dash of musical theater glory in tonight's mix.
Here we go!
Favorite Musical:
Gatsby truly is great! Everyone, this movie lived up to the hype. It's probably one of the few movies I've seen that is so similar to the book, and avoids making you angry because they left something out or changed things. Plus this movie was just so visually mesmerizing, and the whole vibe is some sort of fantasy into the '20's decade of my dreams. Old sport, old sport.. must see.
HELLO LEO! Gatsby, he was. Did anyone else hear a chorus of angels when he first gives his toast? Well done, world. Well. done.
That's all the prettiness for this week! I should be back before next Sunday, but for now, enjoy.
This week was spent babysitting, reading, finishing season two of 24, and other scholarly pursuits.
Since tonight was Tony night, I'd thought I'd feature a dash of musical theater glory in tonight's mix.
Here we go!
Favorite Musical:
Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella
Is it possible to be in love with a show I've never seen? Yes, oh yes. Sure I know all the music from the Brandi/Whitney rendition, but something about this cast seems so magical. It helps that I'm a dedicated viewer of Laura Osnes's Princess Diary for Broadway.com. (enjoy here). She should have won the Tony tonight, she is simply brilliant. And did you see that costume change? Thank goodness they won for best costume.
Favorite New (used) Books:
All these beauts for the lovely price of $5! (Now I'm hooked. I'm heading back to another store to trade in my books for more!)
In Theaters:
Which brings me to-
The current swoonworthy babe of all babes:
HELLO LEO! Gatsby, he was. Did anyone else hear a chorus of angels when he first gives his toast? Well done, world. Well. done.
New Sewing Machine!
It's beautiful. We had this old Walmart Singer that we tried to fix, but with no success. So we found this Husqvarna on sale. It works really smooth and I have some projects getting started!
This Week's Britain Prep:
The Young Victoria
I have no idea why it took me so long to finally see this movie! What a gorgeous film. Gorgeous clothes, gorgeous Albert. Victoria truly rocked the monarchy.
From Pinterest:
![]() |
| favorite kitchen |
![]() |
| + |
![]() |
| cottage |
Love,
MM










No comments:
Post a Comment