Today is my Grandma Marilyn Murphy Allen's birthday. She would be 88 today. I attended a Canada-wide Stake Conference this morning, and during which I wrote Grandma a letter as if I were to mail it to her tomorrow. I find it healthy to write out my feelings. Today, I hope to celebrate her birthday by celebrating her legacy. Here's a little tidbit from what I wrote:
"There is a tulip festival today here in Calgary and that reminds me of you. You always put more beauty back in the world, and that's what I want to try to do as well. (and later..) Thank you for choosing to never settle for anything less than a temple marriage. Now I am here today in 2012 reaping the rewards for your righteousness. I learn so much from you. I love you, and I look forward with hope to the day where we can talk for hours. I will always stay virtuous and always keep my testimony strong. I hope you are celebrating with your family and are comforting you dear sweet husband, my Grandpa Allen."
I want to take this opportunity to express my faith in Jesus Christ that means life never dies after our physical body does. I know my Grandma Allen's spirit is alive and well and that she is happy. Death is just a small step in our progression if we are righteous and follow God's plan for us. I am grateful this day for the legacy my Grandma left and that we can celebrate her life!
Now on a lighter note, here is what I looked like today. I'd like to call this section Sunday Best, and this is the numero uno post.
Outfit Details:
White Blouse- Joe Fresh $5
Skirt- DownEast Outfitters 2011 $35
Belt- H&M gift
Necklace- gift
Wedges- Old Navy $20
Trusty Vintage Satchel- Buffalo Exchange in Phoenix, AZ $8
Happy Sunday All!
Love,
Megan Marie
P.S. have a listen to my favorite hymn here-
"There is a tulip festival today here in Calgary and that reminds me of you. You always put more beauty back in the world, and that's what I want to try to do as well. (and later..) Thank you for choosing to never settle for anything less than a temple marriage. Now I am here today in 2012 reaping the rewards for your righteousness. I learn so much from you. I love you, and I look forward with hope to the day where we can talk for hours. I will always stay virtuous and always keep my testimony strong. I hope you are celebrating with your family and are comforting you dear sweet husband, my Grandpa Allen."
I want to take this opportunity to express my faith in Jesus Christ that means life never dies after our physical body does. I know my Grandma Allen's spirit is alive and well and that she is happy. Death is just a small step in our progression if we are righteous and follow God's plan for us. I am grateful this day for the legacy my Grandma left and that we can celebrate her life!
Now on a lighter note, here is what I looked like today. I'd like to call this section Sunday Best, and this is the numero uno post.
| slip slip. |
| not convincing |
| expression open for interpretation |
| What's it to ya? |
| the blossoming pho-tag |
| When a skirt is too big, I belt it up. |
| Today's fragrance of choice. |
Outfit Details:
White Blouse- Joe Fresh $5
Skirt- DownEast Outfitters 2011 $35
Belt- H&M gift
Necklace- gift
Wedges- Old Navy $20
Trusty Vintage Satchel- Buffalo Exchange in Phoenix, AZ $8
Happy Sunday All!
Love,
Megan Marie
P.S. have a listen to my favorite hymn here-
That's one of my favorite hymns as well. Wish it was in the hymn book. It's fun to see a surprise picture of your sweet mom!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to our sweet Grandma. I miss her so much!